After 3 weeks post BBL, will a butt in garment effect the fat cells, and is it a better garment choice than a butt in? (Photo)

I recently purchased a butt in garment. The woman at the store from which I purchased it seemed very knowledgeable and insisted I purchase it instead of the butt out garment . The woman explained that the butt out garment was applying unnecessary pressure to my muscle when I walk and that all it does is push the fat down . Is this true ? I am now three Weeks and I want to make sure I don't hinder the fat by wearing the butt in garment .

It is important to follow your surgeon's post op instructions.  I recommend my patients to wear a garment which compresses the liposuction areas and does not put any pressure on the buttocks.  

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon. You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.

Best of Luck!!

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBl / Garment

• The fat cells wont be affected by the garment, it is important that you use the garment as much as possible during the day and night. 
  • For your healing process compression in the lipo area is very important in order for not to swollen and retain liquid. 
  • Also is important that in any doubt yo may have, contact your surgeon and follow all his recommendations. 

Argeny Mercedes Guzman, MD