After losing the weight what procedure would u recommend I need to done to get my body on the right track?

I had a consultation done but was told also to lose 20 pounds my thing is when I lose thAt weight do I have to have liposuction done on my back and a bbl or just the bbl done I'm confused I thought bbl was Lipo also please explain to me the difference and how would i benefit from having the two done or just the bbl done thanks

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... since you will lose weight, wait for that and have liposuction and bbl together, if your hemoglobin levels are in range according to your surgeons standars, you can have both at once..

Weight and surgery

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Losing weight before surgery

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• Sorry you are confused - but it is confusing.
  • A BBL is not liposuction - but it includes liposuction. Here's what the terms mean:
  • Liposuction removes the fat.
  • To enlarge the buttocks, that fat is injected into the buttocks - this is called fat transfers or fat injections.
  • BBL = liposuction to remove fat + fat injections into the buttocks.
  • If you were told to lose weight, you may be too heavy at the moment for safe surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I think a lot of people have this same question. A BBL is a procedure where liposuction is done on areas of the body that have excess fat (ie. abdomen, waistline back and love handles - possibly arms and thighs). The fat is then injected into the buttock and hips. Here in TX the recommended limit of lipoaspirate to be removed in one setting is 5L (this includes the fat and fluid). If I have a patient that is thin, I will lipo the abdomen, waistline, back, love handles, and thighs or arms as part of the BBL package as I am trying to get the most fat I can. In other patients that are overweight, they may have 5L in just their abdomen. If this is the case, we have to make a decision on whether they just want their abdomen liposuctioned or if they want other areas done too in order to get the 5L (spread the lipo out but leave fat behind). My price is therefore the same if you get 1 area or 5 areas or 13 areas (every PS divides the "areas" up differently) if our goal is 5L of lipoaspirate. Your PS may have recommended that you lose weight as you may have more than 5L of lipoaspirate (or 4L if in Miami) and wants you to have the best result possible. 

BBL VS. Liposuction

The purpose of a consultation should be educational: you should learn what could or should not be done and what the consequences may be. If you did not get this information do NOT proceed and have any operation or procedure. 

Liposuction is the removal of up to 10 pounds of under the skin fat by steel tubes hooked to high suction forces. HiDef of 4D liposuction removes the fat but goes further to define the muscles below and the junctions between the muscles for a more athletic appearance. 

Any time fat is placed in the buttocks the term BBL, a totally misleading name because there is no lifting but filling, is used. 

The common argument is how much fat needs to be removed with BBL since it involves liposuctioning the "right amount" of fat to enlarge and round the butts. This varies from surgeon to surgeon and this may be the source of your confusion. 

Discuss ALL your options with your surgeon not a sales closer and understand them. Then make the decision that meets your goals. 

Dr. Peter. A Aldea

TT Lipo and BBL?

Hello and thank you for your questions. Some doctors perfer a lower BMI then others, but sometimes loosing weight can help patients get in an ideal place for surgery and therefore have a better outcome. Without at least pictures it is hard to say if this is your case. 

The BBL is actually fat grafting to the buttocks area. We do this by performing lipo first and then tranfering that fat to the desired areas; be it the butt, hips or both. So to answer one of your questions, we always perform lipo in order to perform the BBL. 

Most all patients benefit from performing lipo along with a TT. In my practice, I combine TT with Lipo practically 99.9% of the time. If your surgeon wants you to loose some weight then chances are that you would probably still have enough fat for a BBL prior to surgery. 

If you want more specific info on your case in particular, you could post a follow up question with some photos. You could also contact a surgeon by email and send him some front, side and back view photos.

Best of luck on your journey!

Dr. Miguel Mota. 

Miguel Mota, MD

Definitions are very important for potential patients to be full aware of. A BBL is unto 4 liters of liposuction of supernatant fat that is transferred into the buttock. So YES a BBL is all liposuction as 1/3 of the surgery. Regards Dr FixIt Miami