Can I afford to lose weight before BBL? (Photo)

I am 5'7 and 180lbs. I am currently working out and I would like to lose 15-25 pounds. Will I still be an ideal candidate after weight loss?

Can I afford to lose weight before BBL?

This will depend upon your goals for augmentation.  You are a good candidate as you are now.

Should i lose weight prior to BBL surgery?

Thank you for your question. You currently have a BMI of 28.2 which makes you a perfect candidate for a BBL procedure. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The amount of fat transferred from targeted areas depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires.  Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations.  If you lose weight you will have less fat available to be transferred to your buttocks.

Based on the information given and the pictures You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift. Your BMI is at 28.2, For amazing results your BMI should be less then 30.A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.Thank you for your question .

Rami Ghurani, MD

Will my 24 bmi be a good candidate?

Thank you for your great question!
This is a very common in the office.  Your current calculated bmi is 28 and you are an excellent candidate for a BBL.  Most BCPS will want a bmi of less than 30 for a lower risk for possible DVT and PE and a more dramatic result with less liposuction and fat grafting.  Your plan for a 25 pound weight loss will reduce your BMI to 24 and you will still be an excellent candidate for a BBL.  But you will have less fat grafts if you are looking for a very large BBL result.  Also remember to maintain the weight through post op for a period of 6 months, then slim down.  I wish you well with your procedure and recovery,
Dr McAdoo