Can I achieve good results with lipo? (Photos)

I workout 5 times a weeks, and spin one the weekends. I can't seem to get rid of the fat on my stomach. Am I a good candidate for lipo and if so, which kind?

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  From the skin contracture component of the Vaser, you may not need a Tummy Tuck. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Liposuction for Abdominal Fullness

Based upon your photos it is unclear whether the fullness is due to excess fat, relaxation of the abdominal wall or a combination of both issues. Skin laxity may also be an issue that could limit the benefit from Liposuction. A detailed in office consultation with an experienced surgeon will allow him to fully assess the important issues and help you to know just which surgical plan would benefit you the most.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Mini tummy tuck with lipo

From these pictures it seems like you may be a better candidate for a mini tummy tuck with a bit of liposuction. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #minitummytuck #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for lower abdomen?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Although liposuction may work, you need to be examined to know for sure.
  • Your abdominal skin has extensive stretch marks - 
  • This suggests you have had children and that the problem may be stretched muscle.
  • That is what it seems to be in profile but one cannot be sure without an exam.
  • Even if you have stretched muscle, if there is fat as well, liposuction may be all  you need to do
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction candidate?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction. You already have a nice body, so the goal would be to refine your feminine curves by targeting the abdomen and hips / love handles. Although you seem to have some stretch marks on your lower abdomen which are best adressed with a tummy tuck procedure. Best is to see a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person exam.

Can I achieve good results with lipo?

In person exam is essential. If you have skin laxity- then lipo will not address it as it can only address excesss fat not skin. Best to seek in person exam by an experienced Board Certified PS

Liposuction

You look like a great candidate for liposuction. It can be done under local anesthesia as an outpatient. You should investigate Sono Bello. There are several in Florida. They have experience with over 75000 of these exact type of surgeries.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD

Will lipo help

Based on your pictures alone, you can probably expect flattening of the lower abdomen with liposuction. However, it is hard to say for sure without an in person exam to assess if there is any looseness to the skin (which most often happens after having children or losing more than 50 pounds at any point in your life). For the amount of liposuction you would desire, you may be able to have liposuction without general anesthesia. I recommend meeting with one or more board certified plastic surgeons for an opinion. Best wishes. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Can I achieve good results with lipo?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD