I'm 5'5", 190 now, after losing 90 pounds. Would doctors work on me with that weight?

I've lost 90 pounds and standing at 5'5 190 pounds, I have access skin that's a pain in the neck when I excerise, I'm ready for TT and Inner Thigh lift. Will any doctor work on me or I'm still to heavy? When I was 280 they only required to lose 75 pounds, now I pass 75 pounds loss and ready for a makeover. Thanks all in advance

Tummy Tuck or Thigh Lift after weight loss.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Excess skin can definitely be a hindrance to exercise. I think you would be a good candiate for a body lift.  This would provide you with a more contoured and flatter abdomen, as well as giving your thighs some lift, therefore potentially giving you the results you want without having to have a thigh lift in the future. I recommend you seek out a surgeon who has extensive experience with patients who have lost large amounts of weight.

Weight and tummy tuck

Hi, ZaraAmi
Thanks for your question.
With weight loss, your cosmetic result would be better.
You need to be seen by a plastic surgeon to find out if you would benefit from tummy tuck and liposuction.  It will depend on your expectation and proposed outcome by your plastic surgeon.
Please remember that if you lose further weight after tummy tuck, your skin may not be any tight and may require a revision surgery.
Bes regards.

Need to lose more?

I would see a plastic surgeon to be evaluated.You may well be qualified to go forward to have some surgery.Realize if you do and then go on to lose another 40 lbs you may need some addtional tightening.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Will Dr's operate on me?

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. Yes with the understanding that if you could lose more weight then your results may be better, your complication rate possibly lower, healing better and faster. Find a ps who specializes in post massive weight loss body contouring to consult with. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss

Sounds like you have done a good job! I am sure you could have some surgery now to start the process of tightening up the skin. I would look for a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and start talking about options and timing of procedure.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Probably. There is more to it than just height and weight. Medical conditions, expectations, other risk factors. Suffice it to say, that I do plenty of patients in the range of your height and weight. You should have a consultation with a surgeon in order to determine your best options.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Yes I would offer you in hospital operations because after reviewing all your postings I believe you will need staged surgeries. First operation is extended full TT with possible inner thigh lift. But best to seek a few in person opinions from boarded PSs in Miami. 

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment.
 Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.

As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you. When the time is right, seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be your next/best step. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss and taking charge of your health. It's a huge achievement. Now, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

You can have your mommy makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on your height and weight, your body mass index is 31.6. If you feel as though you have reached your personal weigh loss goals , based on that number my opinion is that you would be an excellent candidate. I would prefer that your weight be stable for at least 3 months however at 190 pounds prior to proceeding with surgery. In order to make that determination you would have to be seen in person and evaluated to make sure. I recommend  seeking the advice and opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon who performs many body procedures. Good luck.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon