I'm 5'3 & 125lbs. Can I have a successful BBL at this weight?

I have read from some doctors that say putting on weight before is okay and some say it's not good. I have fat in my back, stomach and love handles but I want to make sure that it's not a waste of time and money to do the bbl. I have seen some small girls achieve good results and some have nearly no difference made.

BBL

Dear Cruel_Summer

The secret behind a BBL is the shape obtained after removing fat from undesirable areas to the desirable ones like the buttocks and hips. Some skinny patients tends to have some fat on the lower back and love handles  which makes them lack of shape. If this is your case you can be sure you will have a very good transformation. It will be wise to post some pictures with your question for a more adequate answer. Best wishes.

There is a lot of truth to what you said. You cannot compare yourself to everyone else. Not all fat is created equal - some patients have great fat and others terrible fat. Very thin patients can have great fat and remember it takes less volume to make a noticeable difference on a small petite patient than an overweight or obese patient as their buttocks are already big even though they may not be shaped in the way the patient wants. For example an overweight patient can have a very wide but flat buttocks and therefore it takes a very large volume of fat to change the shape. You will not know if you are a "good" candidate until you see a board certified PS and undergo an exam. You would be surprised at how much fat we can find even in thin patients. I don't recommend gaining weight for the procedure for several reasons; 1) if you lose that weight post op, then your buttocks just shrinks away with the weight loss 2) When we gain weight we tend to gain it all over and not just in the areas where you will be liposuctioned. For example, you may gain weight in your face. The other important thing to consider is that there are 2 things that contribute to the results of a BBL: 1) the amount of fat your have to transfer and 2) the buttocks shape/size/skin envelope to receive the fat.

BBL candidate

Thank you for your question. Without any photos it is very hard to give a good advice whether you're a good candidate or not for a BBL. That said, when planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior. Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The amount of fat transferred from love handles or flanks depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires. Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL candidate

You can calculate your BMI to get a rough idea if you are a good candidate for a fat transfer procedure. Remember, if you don't have enough fat, you won't have a good result. An exam in person is needed to determine if you are a good candidate. Without photos here it's not possible to comment on your particular case.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD