50 patients a year? Should I be alarmed?

hi how are you , i will have surgery with a great doctor , he is good but i was getting nervous when i asked him how many BBL procedures he has a year , HE ANSWERED with 50 BBL's a year... should i be alarmed ?? and look for another Doc? also i was readng one bad comment ( i have to say , i was reAding even by the most popularest surgeons bad comments.) so i guess everyone has at least one bad comment. Thanks Pam

BBL

50 a year is a very good number to mean he is doing one a week.  Yes, remember a doctor is more likely to have a patient write a bad review than a good one, so take the good with the bad. While our goal is to please everyone, not every patient is happy after surgery.  Good luck.

Finding the right surgeon for you

Thanks for your question. In regards to finding the right plastic surgeon for you - experience does matter but so does your comfort with the surgeon and your confidence in their abilities and knowledge. There are very competent surgeons that perform 50BBL/year. But obviously the more procedures a surgeon does the more likely they are comfortable with that procedure. I would trust your instincts and ask to see their before and after photos. In regards to reviews - I encourage everyone to look at physician reviews but not to judge a surgeon by 1 or 2 bad reviews. Sometimes 1 or 2 mediocre reviews makes the reviews more trust worthy. 

Regards, 

Surjit S. Rai, MD

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Best of luck!!

Rami Ghurani, MD

Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field. Good luck.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

While there are many surgeons who will do many more than that a year, I would just do what feels right for you after your research.