48 hours after silicone breast augmentation and my areola and nipple look pointy. Will they round out?

My breast were a little pointy before but I was hoping they would be round after surgery?

48 hours post op

You will have significant swelling for at least a couple of weeks and then residual swelling and tightness for at least a few months post op. I recommend that you wait at least 6 months to evaluate your results because your breast shape and size and position will all change throughout that time. Don't hesitate to share any concerns with your Plastic Surgeon as you heal. All the best

2 days after breast augmentation

It is very common to see prominence of the nipple and areola this soon after a breast augmentation.  It is usually the result of swelling, and it will flatten out as the swelling resolves.  Best wishes for a beautiful result!

2 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
Its too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recovery after breast augmentation

Without seeing a picture it is hard to know for sure, but most likely the appearance of your areola and nipples being pointy is just a result of swelling post-surgery. It can take a week or so for the initial swelling to go down. I would recommend pointing this out to your surgeon at your post-op appointments so that he/she can examine you and make sure everything is healing properly. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Swelling after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question!  It is hard to say without a picture, but it could be related to postoperative swelling which resolves with time.  Always contact your plastic surgeon for care after surgery.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Post operative swelling

What you are experiencing can be related to post-operative swelling, however, without a photo it is difficult to say. You are very early in your recovery phase, which can take up to 6 months. So, I suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon as recommended and follow post operative protocols. Best of luck,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation swelling

Swelling will occur following a breast augmentation surgery. It takes time for swelling to resolve and for you to see a final result.  Best wishes. 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling can effect the appearance of the nipple in the short aftermath of breast augmentation.

Without a picture it's impossible to comment specifically. However shortly after the operation the entire breast can look unusual due to swelling.

Nipple changes

Congratulations brittmgonzo on your augmentation! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had. It is still very very early after your surgery so it is hard to say what will happen. Swelling can also play a role and can get worse before it gets better. If things continue to get worse or you have concerns, it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Best of luck, MMT

Still Pointy

You are still extremely early in the postoperative phase of healing and the overlying breast parenchyma and skin are probably very tight. It may take several months for the laxity of the skin to allow for a less pointy look. Follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.