4 days post op mommy makeover. Breasts are too high. (Photo)

Okay look at my pictures I'm extremely sad at this time..I'm 4 days post op mommy makeover and breast Augmentation.. they look horrible they hurt and I'm currently wearing a breast band ... what can I do?? Will they fall into place? They are Saline implants right breast is 550cc and left is 560cc.. In my pictures you can see that they are so high.. I don't know what to do anymore. This is depressing.

Breast augmentation alone cannot correct significant ptosis of the breasts.

Without preoperative photographs it's impossible to give a specific opinion but it looks as though you have ptosis of the breasts. Your native breast tissue appears to be falling off the breast implant. The appearance will improve with time but if you're ptosis is significant a mastopexy might be indicated

4 days postop mommy makeover. Breasts are too high?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks to months as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Already, however, it appears that your breasts have a moderate degree of drooping, for which a breast lift should/have been considered. Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down and/or lift. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

High implants

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. I agree your Breast Implants do look high, but patience is one of the most important factors in achieving the best results in cosmetic surgery. We all want to see the final result as early as possible. Unfortunately, the healing process is complicated and takes time. The surest way to get a poor result is to undergo revision surgery before your body is ready for additional surgery.

Breast augmentations take about six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle and assume their final size and shape.

I recommend to always have a closely communication with your PS so you can talk to him or her about all your concerns.

Good Luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast implants too high?

Thanks for your question and photos.  From your photos, your breast implants do appear to be too high.  However, the final position of your implants won't be known for some months, as they implants do gradually settle down into a lower position.  Allow time for your body to heal and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Hope this helps..best of luck!

4 days is still quite early

At 4 days post-op, you need to give the breast implants time to settle. While I don't think you should panic, I do encourage you to contact your plastic surgeon. He or she knows you and your results, and can better assess your recovery thus far. As your breasts continue to heal, you should get a better idea of how your final results are shaping up.

Adam L. Basner, MD

4 days post op mommy makeover. Breasts are too high.

Thank you for your question and photos.  I'm sorry that you're going through this distress.  Indeed, the implants are too high.  Also, was a lift discussed as part of your surgery plan?  You would likely benefit from a revision but should wait at least 3 months before moving forward with such a plan.  Make sure that your surgeon is an experienced plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Don't despair, this can be fixed.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast implant are high

At 4 days postop, you are very early in the recovery process. Give yourself some time to heal and I suggest you not judge your look until your have completed  your recovery. Talk to your plastic surgeon and explain how you feel. He or she is here to hold your hand during this journey and can give your some suggestions to a speedy recovery.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

4 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
The implants are high but we can't talk about final results in this point of your post op. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Yes, the implants are too high and would likely need to be revised into a lower position to improve your results. Do not despair or get depressed as this can be corrected for an excellent eventual result.  

Do not panic

Implants are always a little high 4 days post op, yours are a little more so than average.  I tell all my patients to wait at least 3-4 mo and sometimes longer for them to loosen and look good.  I wish I could keep all my patients from looking at the result for at least 6-8 weeks.  Please be patient and try not to freak out- some people have a tighter pec muscle and take longer.  You will be fine.  There is no need to consider revisional surgery 4 days post op! Jane