3.5 months post operative breast lift and implants. All of the sudden, red patch on nipple. Is this normal? (photos)

Had a little of this on stich line then it went away. Could stitch be healed over and inflamed or what could cause this sudden appearance of red inflammation?

3.5 months post operative breast lift and implants. All of the sudden, red patch on nipple. Is this normal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Suture?

Thank you for your question and photo.  The redness you have on your breast could be a result of an issue with a suture.  I recommend to be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine the best course of action for you moving forward.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Redness

The cause of the redness may be due to a suture abscess forming under the skin, as you suggested.  A warm compress and a short course of oral antibiotics may resolve this.  Sometimes the suture may need to be removed in the office.  

Redness around the suture line after breast surgery

Thanks for sharing your question and photos. I can appreciate your concern.
What you are seeing is the body trying to heal the wound. It does it by increasing the blood supply to the area. Some times this can be the consequence of reacting to the absorbable stitches used to close the wounds.
I think that your wounds look great.

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.
Wishing you the best in your journey

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi,
Yes this should turn out just fine.  See your PS, and see the excellent answers below.  All the best, Dr. Joe

Breast lift with implants post op. Some advices:

Thanks for your question.
In my practice, after performing a Breast augmentation with lift I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks, if the healing process is fine. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
I also recommend you to talk with your surgeon about whats going on and follow his advices.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Yes your guess is possibly correct. But better to see your surgeon in person in a follow up appointment...

Red spot post lift

From the photos it looks like this may be a suture that was buried is now working it's way out.This should not be a problem.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Erative breast lift and implants. All of the sudden, red patch on nipple. Is this normal?

The redness that is appearing along the incision is likely from a suture trying to work to the surface. This is quite common and can also occur in multiple areas along your incisions. When this occurs it is normal for the suture to cause a small opening to form what looks like a pimple. It is important to keep the area clean and dry, and if you have any concerns or the area worsens it is best to contact your PS.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD