I'm a 32 year old male who had Radiesse injected into mid cheeks and upper nasolabial area. Will this get smaller with time?

I'm a 32 year old Male who had radiesse injected into mid cheeks and upper nasolabial area 4 weeks ago. I do not like the results, it makes my face look fat when it used to look very athletic and defined. I was just wanting to have the cheek lines filled. Will this get bigger as my collagen builds up since I'm young and location? I'm noticing that its getting a bit puffier and there is no more swelling. I was told frequent massage will help dissolve it faster, is that possible? Thank you for your time.

32 year old Male who had radiesse injected into mid cheeks and upper nasolabial area 4 weeks ago. Now face looks fat.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  Unlike the HA fillers, Radiesse can't be dissolved or otherwise adjusted which the main reason that the doctor you have perform the injections understand the aesthetics of shaping a "male" vs "female" face.

The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Radiesse Complications, Overinjection -- Male Jaw Sculpting

The Radiesse will dissolve in time. I suggest patience, and if after a year you are still unhappy, surgical removal. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Radiesse and cheeks

it sounds like you were not injected into the areas you wanted. it will not get bigger but smaller over time (months). It can be made to go away faster with some cortisone injections but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist