I'm 31 and used Sculptra 1 year ago. The placement makes my face appear droopy. Would a facelift fix this?

I'm 31 and I a not saying sculptra is bad, but I got bad results after the 2nd session. I have never had the issues I have now and I need advice on whether a facelift will fix this thanks.

Facelift

Without photos, I cannot give you a recommendation.  The best would be for you to set up an in person consultation with a facial plastic surgeon.  Make sure to bring some photos of how you looked before the sculptra was injected.  Good luck!

Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Management of "droopy" face

Patients concerned about surgical rejuvenation of the ("droopy") face should undergo a full evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in facelifts

John Mesa, MD

Facelift

Your best option here is to obtain an in person face to face evaluation. Without photos and more history, it is impossible to comment.

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Facelift at 31?

Without photographs to show what you are concerned about, it difficult to try to inform you what may help with your appearance.  Usually, Sculptra takes a series of injections over months to improve a contour depression.  It is unlikely you need a face lift at your age.  You should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and options.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Hello Veronica626, 

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry you are having less than ideal results.

Without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of any further treatments it is difficult to be comprehensive.

I would recommend finding a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and discuss your treatment options.

Good luck ,

DrS

Scott Shadfar, MD
Edmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Without the benefit of examining you - it is difficult to comment accurately. I recommend seeking an experienced Board Certified PS for in person consultation.

I'm 31 and used Sculptra 1 year ago. The placement makes my face appear droopy. Would a facelift fix thi

A few issues are precent in this case. No posted photos. Incomplete use of the Sculptra therapy concept. And thinking you are a candidate at the age of 31 for a facelift. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations... 

Unknown

A thorough consultation and detailed facial exam can help you understand choices.Placement of long lasting filler in deep tissues for support does not totally go away in one year.A record of the injection procedure would be helpful if available.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

It is difficult to answer your question without the benefit of evaluating you in person.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you understand what your options are.  Best wishes. 

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Would a facelift help to correct drooping seen in face after Sculptra?

Details of your Sculptra treatments, as well as pictures of you before and after the treatments would be needed in order to answer your question as to whether a facelift would help with the drooping you see in your face after Sculptra.  If there is facial sagging, then generally a facelift can help with this.  If there is sagging of the skin due to lumps or another issue, then a facelift may not be the best method to correct this.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon