30 year old male, does my hair fall out? (Photo)

I had always very good hair and no problems all throughout my 20s. My hair line has always been very high but lately it seems to be thinning and receding. Do I have hair loss? Will it stop? What can I do?

Hair loss

There are two stages to hair loss typically-  first miniaturization, followed by actual loss of the hairs-  and both that give the appearance of hair loss.
If you are in fact seeing your hairline recede, then we have to assume this is MPB (male pattern baldness) for which we usually recommend as a first step you take Propecia and or use laser light therapy.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible hair loss in early 30s?

Based on your history in the photo you submitted it does appear that you are experiencing male pattern baldness. Unfortunately there is no real treatment for this that I have seen work for frontal baldness in 35 years of treating patients with baldness except surgery. Your options will be either hair transplantation or the Fleming Mayer flap. Investigateboth methods before beginning to make sure you'll get a good result.

30 year old male, does my hair fall out?

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

If you have hair loss issues and would like to know why it is best to see a doctor for a proper exam

If you have hair loss issues and would like to know why it is best to see a doctor for a proper exam so you can get the appopriate treatment options.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Male Pattern Baldness

Based on your history and the pictures attached, you seems to be affected by Androgentic alopecia or Male Pattern Baldness ( Grd II). It is advisable to start you on medications like Finesteride, Minoxidil & Biotin to slow down the hair fall. If it does not get controlled, the baldness increases and you wish to transform your look, then you can go in for Hair Transplant.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

Do I have hair thinning or hair loss?

Genetic hair loss proceeds through 2 stages:

1. hair thinning
2. hair loss

At this point, it's likely you are experiencing hair thinning whereby the hair follicles get thinner and thinner over time. We call that miniaturization. 

Step 2 is hair loss.  

Options for genetic hair loss and thinning include minoxidil, low level laser, platelet rich plasma and likelythe  most effective of all - finasteride (Propecia). 

We know now that hair loss treatments can help the front (in addition to the crown). These treatments help anywhere there is miniaturizing hair.