3 months post op TT what should be done to fix my muffin too and back fat? (Photos)

On June 14th I had a tummy tuck the doctor said the flanks were included. My initial weight was 230 I'm currently 199 but it still looks like I have a muffin too and should I have back fat if flanks were included? Am I reading too much on the internet or do I also have dog ears???

Liposuction of the sides and the lateral edges of the incision will improve your hip and sides contour.  This can also correct slight dog ears if they are indeed present.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

What should I do with the existing fat that remains after having a TT.?

This is a very good question to ask.  I must know if you are continuing to lose weight, because this may have an impact on the fullness of the abdomen, hips and flanks.  I would suggest that you give yourself at least 6 months to see how your appearance may be altered, and then possibly consider liposuctioning to the full areas, and you may even need to consider scar revision to the abdomen.  Certainly this is a judgement that your Plastic Surgeon should be able to help you with.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tamp Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck touch ups

It doesn't appear that anything was done wrong.  You started from 230 which is heavy, and have a good result.  Flanks doesn't mean back, that is a separate procedure and requires different positioning.  You do still have some fullness laterally, on the flanks, which can be readdressed with additional lipo and likely more skin tightening.  I don't see any dog ears.  Essentially, it looks like you have a good result, and you need to talk to your PS.  I would've likely told you (as I tell some of my patients) that this may be a 2-staged approach with the majority of the work done at the first surgery, and that you may need future touch ups or additional lipo to put the finishing touches on.  Hope that helps.  

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician

TT points of clarification

So, back fat has nothing to do with a TT, a TT addresses the anterior abdomen, not the back. It appears you have a reasonable result from your TT, your scars go out wide so your surgeon went as far as he/she could without flipping you on the table. Most PS do liposuction of the flanks during TT to achieve better contour, you do still have some fullness in the flank area, tough to tell if that is just your hips or if there is maybe more fat that could be suctioned out. Your BB looks good and your scar appears to have healed well. Overall, i think you have a good result, your expectations might not be aligned with what you had pre-op and what procedure your surgeon performed for you. Discuss with your surgeon, I am sure he/she would be happy to do some contouring of your back, but that is additional surgery(fees) that is never included in a TT.