2 weeks post-op with a 12mm black hole in center of incision? (Photos)

I had a full TT , breast lift /reduction 600cc to 400cc and lipo on inner and outer thighs 5-6-16 Everything is great except I have a 12mm black hole in the center of my TT incision ... It started as a small black area and now is a 12mm hole with a terrible Oder and puss draining from it ... It is painless however very scary ... I'm in contact with my PS daily (I'm an out of town patient) and I trust and do exactly what he says ... I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance from other professionals

Necrosis after tummy tuck

Hi. This will heal, but will take several months to do so. The problem arose due to compromised circulation in the tummy tuck skin flap. Given that this is complex wound, it is beyond the scope of patient / self management, so ideally, you should be seen by a certified plastic surgeon who can advise / facilitate interventions and appropriate dressings to allow for the most efficient healing of this wound.

South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck wound healing issues

The location of your wound is typical when there is not enough blood flow to the end of the upper abdominal flap and/or too much tension on the incision. Managing these wounds over the telephone is not optimal: it will probably have to be debrided and should be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon in order to get you healed as quickly and smoothly as possible.  Feel free to press your surgeon for options to have it seen. Best of luck to you. 

Whitney A. Burrell, MD

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Incision Problems

Thank you for your question and photos. Unfortunately, wound/healing complications should be assessed in person and cannot be properly cared for at a distance. Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to recommend a qualified colleague for you to see in person or you can seek a local, board certified Plastic Surgeon to provide the wound assessment and care that you need.

All the best

Tummy Tuck Post-Op

Thank you for your enquiry.  It certainly appears that you had a significant operation with a tummy tuck, breast lift and liposuction to your thighs.  Your whole system would have additional strain placed on it.  As mentioned previously breakdown of the T-junction can occur in some situations where circulation is compromised.  These can heal with Healite and careful dressings.  It is important that any pus discharge is cultured and that you are on the appropriate antibiotics during this phase.On some occasions it is necessary to intervene with further surgery. You should be in close contact with your plastic surgeon during this phase of your recovery.