15 Days after Ptosis Surgery (photos)

I had ptosis surgery on my left eye 15 days ago. I am quite happy with the results so far but I wanted to know if I should expect crease symmetry in the future. I have large eyelid space so I worry it won't match up. Is there still swelling thats causing the asymmetry at this point? Thank you so your thoughts.

Post-op Ptosis repair

Your results are excellent! It appears that you have a very nice double crease on the right side - once the swelling resolves on the left, the secondary crease will very likely match up to the right side. I agree with Dr. Martin that the left lid margin is slightly higher than the right, but lids tend to come down a little as the swelling dissipates and the orbicularis strengthens. There is a window of time when massage helps to bring the lid down a little, but ask your surgeon about this prior to massaging the lid. It is still early after surgery, but you are already looking great! Best wishes!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis

You are a little overcorrected on the left, and still swollen.  Talk to your surgeon but may want to massage the lid down a little so it matches the other side.  As the swelling subsides the creases should look more even.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

15 Days after Ptosis Surgery

ONLY 2 weeks+ !!! All at least 6 months healing time. But the result compared to the before posted photo are excellent!