12 days post breast lift with augmentation. Should I be concerned about my healing? (Photo)

I am concerned about my healing. Do these photos show signs of abnormal coloration or infection ?

Wound closure after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, different surgeons will use different techniques to close the wounds. There is no one way to do it. There is no one right way to do it either. I am sure if you contacted your PS office they will be happy to answer this with the BEST answer.

I hope you found this helpful. As always, ask your PS first about any questions. Have a great day.

Poor healing post op

I would not be concerned.This is some puckering that can occur and in time will settle down and go away.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

12 days post op

In order to truly assess blood flow to the areola and watch out for infection you need to be seen and examined in person by your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Breast lift/augmentation

The best person to help you is the surgeon who operated on you. Follow his / her post-op instructions carefully and completely, you should do well.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS

Breast lift/augmentation

The slight redness may be part of the healing process which results in an inflammatory response.  However, it may also be cellulitis or a mild infection.  I would recommend at least topical antibiotics and possible oral antibiotics at this stage of your healing.  Discuss this with your surgeon. 

Breast lift with implants post op. Some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

It's too early to talk about results with only 12 days post op.
In my practice, after performing a Breast lift with implants I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post op Healing after BBA and Mastopexy

When in doubt, contact your board certified plastic surgeon. Your surgeon will want to know if you have concerns regarding your recent surgery. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Fairly normal appearance after breast augmentation and mastopexy.

From the photographs I don't see anything extraordinary about the amount of redness and swelling after a breast augmentation mastopexy. You should feel comfortable showing this to your own surgeon however.

12 days post breast lift with augmentation. Should I be concerned about my healing?

Posted photos demonstrate early healing with extreme puckering. Best to see your surgeon every few days...

Early Post op

I appreciate your question.

If you notice things getting worse, please see your PS
If it has always been a little red, you are still very ear;y and this could be normal
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz