1 day post op and feel burning sensations, is this normal?

I'm one day post op and feel burning sensations on the sides of my boobs when I move my arms. Is this a bad sign of something gone wrong or is this normal?

A burning feeling post op can be normal.

Any surgical procedure will temporarily or permanently change the sensation in the area of surgery.  Some people may call this changed feeling "burning".  It is likely normal and should improve without treatment.  As always, stay in touch with your surgeon. 

Port Saint Lucie Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Discomfort

Many uncomfortable sensations such as burning, tightness, aching etc. are normal post op. If you see or feel something that you feel is concerning, let your Plastic Surgeon know and they will tell you what to expect as you heal.

All the best

Greetings

Thank you for your question you are very early 1 day post op you need more time and do consult your surgeon for any concerns that you might have. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You are very early on in your recovery and throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal. I would recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon so they are aware of your concerns.
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post breast augmentation

Feeling a burning/ tingling sensation is quite common after surgery. Your nerves are waking up. If you are concerned contact your surgeon for his/her advice. Best of luck!

Burning or tingling after Breast Surgery

Your question is not an uncommon one for women who have undergone breast surgery. The burning sensation you feel may be the nerves that are beginning to "wake up" after surgery. You will continue to feel twinges in different areas of your breasts during the recovery period. This is normal. If you are uncomfortable, a muscle relaxant will help with this or any muscle spams you feel. Good luck with your recovery.

Only 1st DAY after surgery, You thought you would not have discomfort? Maybe you might be best to go see your surgeon for a follow up examination for peace of mind.....

Burning post aug

This is normal.when you cut anywhere on the body little sensory nerves are cut and you can get burning or similar feelings.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Burning sensations one day postop BBA

Thank you for your question. This sounds totally normal and well within what I would expect duringthe early healing stages. When having breast augmentation, sensory nerves get stretched. This results in a burning sensation, which is fairly typical after breast augmentation. This sounds normal, but if you have any concerns please discuss this with your surgeon. Best regards.