I received several vials of Botox at my office. They were not cold and there was no dry ice in the plastic?

Can it still be used any effectiveness lost,anyone else have this experience It was ordered the prior day and I opened it with in 24 hr of the shipping from Allergan

Botox shipment

Botox should only be used by qualified and experienced physicians. This is important for public safety. Any physician qualified and experienced in this matter would have knowledge on safety and proper use of Botox.

Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting method developed by plastic surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. If you are afraid of having a surgical intervention and you are not happy with the sagging of your skin especially in face, inner arms, buttocks and neck; you should consider undergoing this minimal invasive, safe and effective method.

Preparation :

Spider Web Aesthetics is performed with topical anesthesia meaning that there is no need for a general anesthesia or sedation. A topical anesthetic cream will be applied in order to benumb the area. After the topical anesthesia the area will be sterilized and the Spider Web Aesthetics will be applied.

Botox not cold

I am guessing you are not a physician if you are asking this question on this forum and not calling Allergan or your rep directly.  Are you sure you ordered it from Allergan and not an internet site selling "fake" Botox?  If you are not a physician then you would not be able to order from Allergan yourself.  If this is true, this is how people get into serious trouble.  If you are a licensed physician and did order it from Allergan, you should call them.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox not on ice

Hello, and thanks for your question. I recommend contacting Allegan in order to determine how best to proceed. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Contact Allergan for how to proceed with this situation.  I would not use the product before first speaking to them.

Camille Cash, MD

Botox not on dry ice

Thank you for your question.  You should contact Allergan and let them know how your shipment came and ask them how to proceed.  Best of luck

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox shipment

Thank you for your question zodi. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. Botox is shipped from Allergan with dry ice and should be refrigerated on arrival. Please contact Allergan for further questions.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Thank you for sharing your question.  I would recommend calling Allergan's customer service support line and report how your package arrived.  I would not recommend reconstituting the Botox as its effectiveness has likely been compromised.  Hope this helps. 

Botox not cold

You need to report this to Allergan and see how they want you to proceed. The shipment should of been on dry ice to keep the product frozen. I would not use the product until you speak with the company to determine if it will even be able to be used on patients.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Botox shipment not cold

This needs to be reported to Allergan customer service immediately upon receiving the shipment. It will be replaced by them. Not storing it cold can negatively affect it's efficacy. The dry ice usually lasts more than 24 hours. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD