I had a breast explant and capsulectomy last week and I am wondering, when is it safe to resume light walking? And for how long?

Recovery after implant removal

After breast implant removal surgery, I advise the patients to take one week off from work. The patients may return to work at that point, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At one month, the patients start low impact cardio. Up to this point you should be sleeping on your back propped up on pillows.  At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat.

Walking after breast implant removal surgery?

Always best to run these types of questions  by your plastic surgeon. He/she will know exactly what procedure was performed and how you are progressing.  I think that light walking can be resumed almost immediately after surgery; I would suggest that you "move slow" and listen to your body carefully as you resume activities.  It may be 4-6 weeks before you are back to full speed/distance.  Best wishes for a complication free outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast surgery

You can walk immediately afterwards.  In fact it is recommended to avoid DVTs.  Start lightly a few minutes 2-3 times per day and as you feel less tired you can increase this.  Best wishes, Dr. T.