Can fillers help me? Cheek hollowness. (photos)

Recently I have noticed that when I smile I have hollow spots in my mid face near my nose. It is more pronounced on my right side and looks like a large indent when I smile. It came on so rapidly and I feel like it ages me so much! I don't know how this happened to my face. Will fillers help me? Or is there a better treatment?

Doctor Answers 3

Dermal FIllers Can Help with Midface Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I feel you are an excellent candidate for fillers.  The best filler to start with is an hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm Ultra, Restylane Lyft or Voluma.  I would consider getting filler injections not only in the mid face(cheeks) but also some in the tear trough which is more prominent on the left side.  The best filler for the tear trough is Restylane or Belotero.  You will likely require 2 to 3 syringes to see a visible improvement.

All the best

Dr Soni

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Can fillers help me? Cheek hollowness.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
reading your4 postings appears you are asking the same question in 4 different ways! Why have you NOT gone to see a few boarded PSs in person??? I recommend Silhouette InstaLift with fat grafting/fillers/Botox to achieve an improvement. Or a mini FL.

Fillers in tear troughs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. The area of your concern is actually the hollow or groove under the eye, commonly referred to as the tear troughs. This can be treated with injectable fillers, however, the best filler for this area is Restylane or Belotero. Juvéderm can cause too much swelling if injected in tear troughs. Please see an experienced physician for your injections- this is an advanced technique, requiring an expert injector. Best of luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.