Should I wait until I am AT my goal weight before considering neck Liposuction?

Hello,I gained 65+pounds with my pregnancy I am now 192.My over all goal weight is to gwt to 125-130 pounds again.I am giving my self about abyear or keas to fet to my goal weight.However I have my surgery a scheduled sonner among other surgeries. Should I just he patient and wait untill I'm completely at my goal weight or would it be safe to do my surgery at 150-140pounds? Im trying to think long term also. But also don't want to have to wait if I don't needAge 22 female my photos are attached

Liposuction Candidate of the NECK -- VASER/ThermiRF are best

I suggest that you proceed with liposuction, if needed, when you are at your ideal weight. Liposuction is best for fine contouring, not weight loss.  The neck is very genetic however and often can be improved even without weight loss.  Please see an expert for further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Getting to your ideal weight

as a general statement it's always best for patients to get to their best on their own before considering cosmetic surgery.This is especially true in regards to liposuction. A lot of improvements can be obtained by weight-loss alone. Weight-loss can also potential he change what is the most appropriate procedure.For example someone who has moderate skin laxity of their neck but also substantial amount of fat made you very well with liposuction.

If the five layers are thinned out from weight-loss the patient may be much better with a skin tightening procedure because liposuction may not have much impact when there's less fat to be removed.

These are all general statements and cannot be applied to any individual person without an accurate assessment from an in person consultation.
At your age my best suggestion is to slow down.

Take good care of yourself and do the best you can.

Then see what improvements may serve you best.
Mats Hagstrom, MD

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Neck liposuction - best timing

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.
  • You should focus on losing the weight - 
  • You may not need neck liposuction at all if you lose the weight.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD