I'm looking for a rhinoplasty specialist with extensive experience in permanent fillers, to remove them from the nose. (Photo)

In may 2009 I got a bad nose job that resulted in depressed area from the right side. Where I got injected fillers in order to fill it up. Leading to bumpiness, redness and irregularity. The redness will be treated successfully. The other two flaws not yet. The "correction" consisted of an ear graft cartilage at the tip of my nose. DonĀ“t understand yet why the problem is located on a different part. Hope this brief explanation helps. Thanks!
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Rhinoplasty after filler

While removing previously injected filler such as Radiesse during a rhinoplasty makes the surgery more complicated, I have done this procedure with excellent results using cartilage grafting to replace the filler.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm looking for a rhinoplasty specialist with extensive experience in permanent fillers, to remove them from the nose.

Unfortunately that is close to impossible in that area without creating a significant deformity. One of the main reasons almost no well trained surgeon uses them. I feel badly for your situation though. It looks like you need to see someone right away for antibiotics.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

I do not utilize permanent liquid fillers in the nose.  They are a challenge to remove and may become infected.  Evaluating your picture, it seems that it might be the case here.  If so, I would recommend a combination of antibiotics and surgical removal, if possible.  I have dealt with this on several occasions.  It is important to try to find out what filler was placed in the nose.  There may exist an "antidote"

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Ximena7, 

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry you are experiencing this. 

Without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of any further treatments it is difficult to be comprehensive.

The photos seems to have some redness associated with the area on the right.  IS there any infection?

Without knowing what type of filler has been used it is difficult to assist you.

I would seek out a facial plastic surgeon in your area who can help address this inflammation first before going to surgery.  This may mean long course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents.

Good luck, 

Dr. S

Scott Shadfar, MD
Edmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perminant fillers complication on the nose

Sorry for your trouble, I am curious what type of filler this is, how long ago it was injected and where it was injected? It may be helpfull to post that so people can give you some advice. 

Once in a while here in Ottawa, i see patients who had either a rhinoplasty or nose surgery with or without fillers that end up with a complication. 

treatment really depends on the type of filler. 

Dr Bonaparte
Ottawa, Canada
Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent fillers

As you now know, permanent fillers are not universally accepted as a trusted plastic surgical procedure.  I have removed fillers and implants from the nose.  The status of the material is important.  That is, does the material appear to be infected? Your doctor may need to examine you to determine this.  If it is infected, it must be removed and your body will require time to resolve the infection.  Then your own tissue (cartilage) may be required to fill the defect.  Removing the material is often difficult; a defect may be left if the material is not replaced with some of your own tissue.  If there is no evidence of infection, it may be possible to place some cartilage at the same time a filler removal. 

Good luck. 

Jason Hess, MD