Had 4 implants done , 1 came loose and denture fell out, can I cement the denture back in on the 3 implants left?

Dental Implants

Although the denture can be cemented on the three implants that are left, it is important to determine the exact positioning of those remaining implants. Something called AP spread determines the distance between the front implants and the back implants. If this distance is favorable the denture can be re-cemented, at least temporarily. I usually don't recommend 3 implants for full arch restorations. What I just described is how to view a possible solution to a complication such as implant failure. 

Unstable Prosthesis

Hi, thank you for your question regarding your All-on-4 implants and the situation you're experiencing. It is very important for an All-on-4 prosthesis to be stable and retentive. I would not recommend that you attempt to replace the prosthesis on your own. Please visit the specialist that delivered the prosthesis so he/she can evaluate the reasons why the prosthesis is not stable. Good luck!

Failing implant and overdenture

Most of the time, you can use the remaining three implants to help "anchor" your denture in place.Make sure you check with your dentist to ensure that the remaining implants are in good condition and that the denture is fitting properly on your gums and your remaining implants.

Rami Jandali, DMD, MS
Farmington Prosthodontist

Loose implant and overdenture

It is certainly possible to use the remaining implants for support of your denture. This is best done by your dentist to make sure the fit is proper and your bite and function is adjusted accordingly.

H. Ryan Kazemi, DMD
Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon