What will happen to my implants after I breastfeed?

When I was 18 I got a BL/BA (Lollipop lift, dual plane) to correct a tuberous deformity on my breasts. Now it's been 6 years and I had my first baby 1 month ago. I lost some sensation on my nipples but I can breastfeed and I produce a lot of milk. Now I'm worried about what might happen to my breasts. If my breasts get saggy will the implants stay up and give me that double bubble look or will the implant sag with the breast due to the dual plane position (50% muscle coverage)?

Implants and breasts after babies

It is hard to predict how the breasts will respond to pregnancy.  Time will tell and then depending upon how they look you may not need to do anything, or you may want a revision. Best of luck.

Breast changes after pregnancy

Thanks for your inquiry.  Pregnancy alone and the combination of breast feeding can lead to dramatic changes in your breast shape, position, and symmetry.  Honestly, only time will tell. I tell women all week long in my practice that pregnancy can accelerate your desire for revision versus women who are done having children. Wearing good supportive bras all the tim can help.  Congratulations on motherhood and best of luck.  

Breast implants do not necessarily change position or shape after pregnancy.
However, the overlying breast tissue and/or skin does often change. The exact change the specific patient will experience during or after pregnancy is not predictable. Some common changes seen with the breasts  after pregnancy include " involutional  hypoplasia" (breasts  become smaller)  and/or breast ptosis (" drooping"). The changes the breasts experience may be related to genetic factors, skin elasticity changes, hormonal effects, and/or weight gain/loss around the time of pregnancy.
The changes that the overlying breast tissue and/or skin undergo after pregnancy may  cause the breast implant to appear “changed” after the pregnancy. For example, if the patient loses breast tissue volume after pregnancy, the breast implant may become more exposed and the patient may feel (rippling)  or see the implant more so than before pregnancy.
I ask my  patients to follow up with me  approximately 3 months after they have stopped breast-feeding to evaluate the breasts  and the underlying breast implants.