Is this a double bubble? (Photos)

im concern about my boobs, i got my boobs done 14 days ago, the left one looks really weird, since the surgery day. im worry, please someone knows if this is normal?

Lower Pole Constriction

Thank you for your question and photos. This appears to be a crease remaining from where the bottom of your natural breast was. This constriction will usually stretch out over time but let your Plastic Surgeon know if it does not improve over the next few months.
All the best

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear Pathy,                                                                                                                                                                          Thanks for submitting your pictures and sorry for your problem.                                                                                    From observing your pictures, it is clear that your surgeon lowered your sub mammary crease significantly in order to create the impression of perky breasts and there lies the problem. The stretching of the crease is unpredictable and can vary even within the same person, as happened to you.  Your right crease stretched nicely whereas the left one did not, hence creating the double bubble. It is not your surgeon's fault, but rather your anatomy. However, that is exactly the reason why I limit the lowering of the  breasts crease to 1-11/2 cm the most and if that is not sufficient to create perkiness, I recommend mini lift (donut, Benneli) procedure.                                       Even though you did not provide your pre operative pictures, most likely you had a significant ptosis (droopiness) that required both maneuvers - lowering moderately the crease and performing mini lift.                              Well, what to do ?  You are presently at a very early stage of the healing process. I would recommend to wait 3 months in order for the capsule to mature and strengthen and than  perform bilateral inferior capsulorrhaphy (internal bra) and mini lift.                                                                                                                                                      Your best option (financially) is to redo your surgery with your original surgeon, however, redo breasts augmentation like in your situation is not simple and experience as well as skills and aesthetic eye are needed for best outcome. So if your surgeon is inexperience, do your due diligence and choose your surgeon wisely.                   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                                        Best of luck,                                                            Dr Widder                              

Is this a double bubble?

You're still very early into the healing process and the tissues underneath have not had a chance to stretch and match the tissues above. In some cases I will do superior pole taping to help guide the tissues in proper direction, but you should check with your plastic surgeon to determine the best way to handle the matter. Usually these issues will even out over the next several weeks to a few months.

Is this a double bubble

Thank you for your question. Pre op pictures will help and also depending on what was done during surgery. Definitely see a creese, but also you are in early phase of healing. At this time please wait and follow instructions from your PS. Re evaluate in 3- 4 months.

Double bubble deformity

hi there , thank you for your question and the photos. Technically yes, this is one form of double bubble deformity when the implant which has a relatively fixed position on the chest wall is noted separate from the breast tissues. However, what is not clear is whether you preoperatively suffered asymmetry in the breast with a tuberous deformity of the lower pole. If that is the case and your left breast lower constriction was addressed with your operation then it would stand to reason that you might end up with such results. Speak to your surgeon. Good luck 

Ross Farhadieh, MBBS, MD, FRACS, FRCS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Hello, its clear that you have a abnormal crease in your left breast. If your surgeon released attachments in this should get better with time. If they did not or if it does not soften, you will likely need a revision surgery to improve the appearance of the area. 

Is this a double bubble?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.   Yes, It looks like you might have double bubble after your  breast surgery. A "double bubble" is a cosmetically undesirable circumstance for patients with breast implants, which occurs when the breast fails to take on the shape of the implant, resulting in the appearance of a visible line showing a separation between the bottom edge of the implant and the bottom edge of the natural breast. Sometimes, in situations like yours, the appearance of the breast improves over the course of the first several months; sometimes, additional surgery may be necessary to improve the outcome.   This is corrected by “raising” the inframammary fold using internal sutures (capsulorraphy). I have also found the use of acellular dermal matrix very helpful in cases where the skin/tissues are very thin. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Is this a double bubble

I disagree with the other surgeons. The implant placement is just fine. You have a developmental abnormality to your left breast. Hopefully the surgeon released the constriction of the lower part of the breast. If so, this will improve greatly over the next 3-4 months. If it does not, it can be addressed later.

Double bubble deformity

Thank you for your questions.Based on your photographs, the left breast crease was dissected more inferior, and the implant has settled low, causing a double bubble deformity. Although you are still fresh from surgery, this appearance may not change significantly. I would return to your surgeon and be seen so that you can discuss your options. Best of luck to you.

Breast augmentation - double bubble?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • I agree that your left side does not look right.
  • It suggests that your surgeon released the breast crease and the implant has moved too far down.
  • This is called a double bubble -
  • So please return to your surgeon.
  • If s/he says there is no problem, you should get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC