Can I combine two surgeries at once? (Buccal Fat Removal and an Arm Lift) /Am I a good candidate for either surgery? (photos)

Hi there! I'm 22 years old. My family seems to pass along the big cheeks trait; I recently lost 15 pounds but my chubby cheeks and big arms have somehow managed to stick around. I hate smiling because it makes my face look so round and unattractive. I really want a more defined face and smaller arms. I am wondering if I am a good candidate for Buccal Fat Removal/Arm lift? Please express your opinions. Thank you !

Can I combine two surgeries at once? (Buccal Fat Removal and an Arm Lift) = Sure!

Buccal fat removal is a great plastic surgery procedure to achieve a less chubby, more chiseled /slimmer face.

Buccal fat removal could be combined with other plastic surgery procedures of the face and the body (eg. brachioplasty, liposuction, etc) , since the buccal fat removal is a very short procedure. 

Buccal fat pad and your arm lift

Thanks for sharing.  Yes the two procedures can be done at the same operation.  I typically like to do the buccal fat pad procedure last as it is considered a "clean contaminated" wound since we are working through your mouth.  You appear to be a good candidate in my opinion. Talk to your surgeons about your options. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Buccal fat removal and arm lift?

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal and arm lift.

• Your photos suggest you are a good candidate for buccal fat removal and an arm lift with liposuction also.
  • An examination is needed to be sure.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS