Cheek implants instead of buccal fat pad removal to help a round full face appear narrow and slimmer? (photos)

Hello i am reconsidering buccal fat pad and wondering if cheek implants is a alternative to slimming and narrowing the face with a combination of sliding genioplasty or chin implant. Would cheek implants make my face appear chubbier in my case or would they help? I don't want a pillow face , however a chiseled feminen look.

Cheek implants instead of buccal fat pad removal to help a round full face appear narrow and slimmer?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures, over the past 30 years, using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheeks, chin), liposuction and or facelifts. From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in front and below the cheeks creating nasolabial folds and the chin is weak. These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I would combine liposuction to reduce the fat for further shaping of the face.

Buccal fat removal will not add the appropriate shape and volume to the cheek bones like a properly shaped and sized cheek implant. In addition, removing the buccal fat can create hollowness below the cheeks which isn't aesthetically pleasant and for these reasons, I do not recommend removal of the buccal fat. The excess fat in your face is subcutaneous fat (not buccal fat) which can be reduced through liposuction to help create a more feminine heart shaped face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

Hope this helps.

Cheek Implants

You will get the most noticeable facial slimming effect through a combination of cheek implants, buccal lipectomies and perioral liposuction.

Cheek and chin implants for a more feminine appearance.

Cheek and chin implants for a more feminine appearance is your best choice IF you see a very experienced surgeon. 

Cheek Augmentation With Fillers, Fat, Sculptra, Implants ; Cheek volume loss can be treated!

Often we will do both implants or fillers, neck liposuction/thermiRF AND buccal fat pad at the same time.  If a chin implant is needed that too. I suggest you see an expert in combination therapy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Chin Implant vs Sliding Genioplasty, Cheek Implant vs Buccal Fat Removal

A chin implant will increase projection and definition. In your case the implant will provide the desired result and is much easier. Implants will improve your cheek contour; buccal fat removal may cause problems later in life when a patient looses facial; volume