What size of implants should I get? (photos)

I'm 5' ft tall, weight 116 pounds, I'm a 34A cup size but I'm not sure what size of implants should I get, my doctor said 340cc i'ts okay, but I think it's a little too big, can I please get some help and recomendations?

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) : Breast Augmentation.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350-400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Implant size

You will need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated and measured for breast implants.  If you decided on 340 cc's you can do a baggy test to determine if this is adequate.

The right size for you

t is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon.

It is impossible to offer suggestions on size without an actual in office visit. Seek several board certified plastic surgeons in your area

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation, choosing size of implant

Thank you for your question. Location of the incision, location of the implant, type of implant, and size are all critical questions for women who choose breast augmentation. The common denominator to the most beautiful breasts is that they were sized objectively on the basis of measurements. Many surgeons use a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of patient's desires. Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion. Plastic surgeons are trained differently and have varying levels of experience and so the key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation. He or she should be able to clearly explain their approach choosing size and why they do things a certain way. I hope this was helpful. 

Implant Size

I suggest you return to your PS to try on sizers and to further discuss your goals. Take some photos with you from magazines as well. It's best to have a clear idea of what you want and communicate that to your PS before your surgery day.
Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implant options

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam and measurements it is impossible to advise.  I suggest you ask your doctor to try on sizers of implants smaller and larger than 340 cc and see which looks best.  

What size of implants should I get?

Without photos of your breast, and a detailed physical exam- it's difficult to answer your question accurately. Best to seek in person exam by an experienced Board Certified PS

What size of implants should I get?

Thank you for your question. Size of the implant depends on your chest measurements, present breast size, your goal. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.