Can juvaderm provide permanent fullness to nose through collagen production?

Hi, if I get repeat injections of juvaderm for years in my nose to add slight augmentation/fullness, is there a chance that juvaderm can create enough collagen to add permanent subtle fullness?

Hyaluronic Acid (Juvederm, Restylane) and collagen growth

Hello,Great Question.  It is proven that hyaluronic acid (HA) injection into skin causes collagen remodeling.  Microscopic examination of skin samples prove it.  This affect is obvious to the naked eye and may even result in a life-long benefit.  However, this should not be confused with the volumizing affects of HA.  The collagen remodeling is less to do with more collagen and more to do with "reweaving" of the collagen.  In that sense it is very good at improving creases in the skin, but the collagen does not add much in the way of volume.  In addition, the affect is only seen when injected into tissues already rich in collagen.  Nasal injections would likely be under the skin, not into the skin, and while there is collagen there, it is not nearly so dense as in the skin.  In short, no, I don't think you will ever get a permanent result from an HA "rhinoplasty".Regards,Dr. A 

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty With Fillers Like voluma, restylane, juvederm

Fillers that are reversible do not produce collagen but bellafill or silicone (but this is permanent).  I suggest a surgical option if you are considering permanent change.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm and longevity

Hello! Juvederm is temporary, period. Any collagen remodeling will appear in the dermis of the skin and while it may be histologically noted, would not be significant to the naked eye indefinitely. Your body is constantly breaking down both hyaluronic acid (which is what Juvederm is comprised of) as well as collagen, and these substances are not permanent, nor do they effect a permanent change. However, they are fabulous for the short term. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. Juvederm is only a temporary filler, and typically lasts 6-12 months, depending on the individual, location, and volume placed. I recommend an in-person consult with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Can juvaderm provide permanent fullness to nose through collagen production

There is no hyaluronic acid filler that will create enough collagen to make future injections not needed, sorry

Julio Garcia, MD

Juvederm will only temporarily  restore the volume. While some collagen production may occur, it is unlikely to be permanent.

Thank you for your question.  HA fillers can augment tissues but should not be expected to provide a permanent solution.  I'm sure there may be a person out there somewhere that has their story of a permanent solution but I would not plan on it.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Juvederm injections create collagen

To some extent, yes, there will be some collagen production from repeated HA fillers. For long term improvement, Bellafill is an option but this is not reversible so you must go to a skilled physician.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Collagen production

While we know that everytime we have a filler done, we may get a little bit of collagen stimulation from doing the procedure alone, Juvederm, and other hyaluronic fillers do not stimulate collagen production themselves, so there won't really be any permanent change that you could appreciate with the naked eye.  Surgery is probably the best answer for a permanent change.Good luck

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm in nose

The only permanent long lasting solution would be to have a rhinoplasty done.  Juvederm is a great short term fix but is not permanent.

Martin Jugenburg, MD