Fat transfer or implant, anatomical or round? (Photos)

Hello I'm 27 years old I thing gravity and excess of excersice killed my boobs, so I want to make them look pretty again, I wanted to transfer some fat but they tell me it can cause future problems so they recommend me and implant, I wanted something very natural so I wanted anatomic because I believe It will look so fake with round, but a surgeon recommend me round implant with high proyection (200cc or 250cc) I'm so scared of looking like 2 coconuts, what do you recommend for me?

Fat transfer or implant, anatomical or round?

From your photos you are a good candidate for breast augmentation depending upon goals.  If you would be satisfied with a half cup size increase then consider fat grafting as long as you have adequate donor fat.  Most patients want a more dramatic improvement and seek augmentation with silicone breast implants.  The key here is to avoid going excessively large to maintain a natural shape and contour.  Seek a plastic surgeon who will not be too aggressive and expect to have a very nice and natural result.  My preference is strongly toward round smooth mid-plus or mid-profile silicone gel implants but others will have alternative preferences in terms of implant type based on their experience.  Make sure that you get several opinions so that you can choose based on having been provided adequate information and alternatives.  Please watch the video above for more information and if you do choose to go ahead enjoy your results.

These implants may look nice in you.  However if you want a natural look, a moderate profile shape implant may be better than a high profile device.  The fat transfer is a good option because you are young and the fat should more predictably survive.  It will also make you look very natural.  The only drawback is that at most you may get 1 cup size improvement.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Thank you for your question, You are a very good candidate i would recommed augmentation plus fat transfer which will give you a very natural look and result.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You can achieve your desired goal with either anatomic or round silicone gel implants.  One of the keys is proper selection of implant volume, and a more natural appearance will result from choosing a size that is not too large.  A 3D imaging system such as Vectra can be a very useful tool in the implant selection process.  It's always important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help guide you through the decision-making process in order to achieve the best result.  

Benjamin Wood, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Round implants with high projection can sometimes give a "fake" look by causing a bit of a shelf in the upper part of the breast.  That "fake" look can often be improved with fat grafting if it does form.  For the reasons you talk about, I'm a big proponent of shaped/anatomic implants for many of my thinner patients.  I would continue to ask your surgeon about their implant selection, and ask to see before/after pictures of women with similar body types to you, and see if you like their results.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

What to do?

Thank you for your question. I feel you can achieve the look that you seek with a silicone gel implant alone. Implants tend to look fake and round when either too large of an implant is used or when dense scar tissue (capsular contracture) forms around the implant. 

Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. 

Good Luck,

Aug plus fat

I think doing a breast aug with silicone and fat grafting would be great.Adding fat really improves the cosmetic outcome and is safe.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photo you have a very normal breast shape and should achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation.  Around smooth implants assume a teardrop shape once there placed into the body beneath the chest muscle.  Breast implants only look like coconuts when there is capsular contracture or an extremely too large breast implant is used.  

A survey done at a recent meeting of board-certified plastic surgeons during a breast course revealed that 83% of plastic surgery and present use smooth round silicone gel breast implants.