Mommy makeover: 37 Yr Old 5 Kids 1 on the Way.

Hello everyone so i was scheduled for a Tummy tuck and breast lift with implant 11/30/16 Did all my blood work and one wasn't coming out correct so Dr had me take a pregnancy test. Positive almost 2 months pregnant. Ugh now i have to wait for my surgery. I am due July 12, 2017 how long should i wait before doing the procedures can anyone help me please

If you are not breast feeding and you have returned to a safe weight following delivery, you could be considered for surgery after 3 months, though most patients will need longer.

Tummy tuck and breast lift after childbirth

In general, contouring procedures are best done when the target body part is in a stable condition. That means weight and other factors which might change the size and shape of the body part are not changing.

Everyone is different regarding changes after delivery and breast feeding. For some women, losing your extra baby weight may take some time while others find it easier to shed the extra pounds in just a few months.

Average times following delivery would normally be 6-12 months for my patients based on their bodies and weight returning to baseline and stabilizing. The breasts often recover and stabilize a little faster than this after breastfeeding stops.

Good luck!

Frederick K. Park, MD
Rocky Mount Plastic Surgeon

Scheduling a Mommy Makeover Post Pregnancy

It's suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover. Additionally, your weight should also be stable for at least 6 months.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor.
#Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

The best is to wait from 8 months to 1 year, when you are physically and mentally prepared.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  If you will be breastfeeding, it is best to wait for 3-6 months after you have stopped.  If you do not breastfeed, then you can consider surgery 3-6 months after delivery.  Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6-12 months after your finish breast feeding prior to undergoing elective surgery.  This will give your body adequate time to heal and recover.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

How long should you wait?

Thank you for your questions. It depends whether you choose to breast feed after your pregnancy. If you choose to breast feed, I would wait at least 3 to 6 months after you have finished breast feeding. Otherwise, once you have lost your pregnancy weight (assuming you have gained some), and your weight has been stable for at least 3 months, I would consider proceeding with surgery. 

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and tummy tuck

Typically you should wait between 3-6 months. Give your body time to recovery fully from pregnancy before have a major surgery like a tummy tuck. Best wishes! 

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #mommymakeover #pregnancy

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

3 months...

Congratulations on your new baby! You will have to at least 3 to 6 months before having surgery. Your breast milk production must be completely dry for 3 months and after 3 months from delivery, your uterus will be normal size again. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Surgeries after pregnancy

Thanks for the question. I recommend to wait until breastfeeding ends, these means after 6 months of delivery. Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD