Amputated nose feeling after Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions?

I had rhinoplasty 6 years ago. My result was good according to most doctors and people. However, my nose "feels" amputated. It's like a ghost nose feeling, Im always touching my nose feeling how small it is as if something is missing. This causes tremendous anxiety and discomfort in my life 6 years after my primary. My question is, have you heard of this before? What might be a good solution? Should I have a revision to restore some tissue that was taken out? Thank you.

Thank you for your question.After 6 years, this isn’t a complaint you often hear from a rhinoplasty patient. If you have had positive feedback from multiple people/doctors then you may want to consider speaking to a counselor/psychologist to work through some of this anxiety and get to the root of the problem. If they think getting a revision would help your self-esteem/anxiety issues then I would proceed from there and schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to discuss a revision with.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Strange Feeling 6 Years Post Op

At 6 years post op this is highly unusual.  Hopefully,  you are getting several in person opinions.  Having practiced for 30 plus years, I have never seen this problem before.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD