BBL Weight Question. Am I even a candidate?

I am 5' 2.5", 112 lbs female, which puts BMI at approx 20. I have fat on thighs and belly, but obviously not a lot. I really want a bbl but am concerned I dont have enough fat to make a difference. I would like to get more toned, specifically in ab region. I know fat cells shrink/expand and wont duplicate, so what do I do to make myself a candidate? Do I gain some weight, and then do butt/belly exercises or should I try to tone abs first? how long till we can grow our own stem cells in a lab?

Am I even a candidate?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions.

Without photos, it is difficult to give a real answer. But this is very common in our practice, it all depends on what are your goals, then after an assessment in person with your plastic surgeon will take the best decision for your body.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

I have found thinner patients to be excellent candidates.  The key is being able to harvest almost all of the fat while leaving everything looking smooth.

BBL possible candidate

Thanks for the question. 

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Brazilian butt lift in BMI 20

Finding enough fat to augment the gluteal area can be hard in someone who is athletic and does not have alot of fat. That being said, it may require a gluteal implant with fat grafting to help contour the shape and still give you a natural result. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help. Best, MMT

Good Candidate?

Great question!

We need more information about you.  I would recommend scheduling an in person consultation with an AOBS/ABPS board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate.  

I wish you well through your surgery and recovery process, James McAdoo DO FACOS

AOA dual board certified general and plastic / reconstructive surgeon

I would recommend an in person consultation to evaluate how much fat is available for the fat transfer.  The fat can be harvested from different part of the body.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

If you have adequate fat pockets for harvesting you would be a candidate for a BBL. The fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the buttocks to build it up and give you that curvier silhouette. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical evaluation done to see if you are a good candidate or not. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. Best of luck!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift revision/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt lifts and body contouring procedures.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon