I have gum recession. I know it's bad and I need help. I'm just scared of how bad this is and how much the cost will be? (photo)

Doctor Answers 1

Gum Recession

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

you will need to see a periodontist to examine your teeth/ gum/ bone level around your teeth 

From your picture, you have a case of periodontitis which is inflammation of gum which has caused bone loss and recession 

This will worsen over time and you will end up loosing your teeth. 

As the situation worsens, the cost/ complexitiy of treatments to treat/ replace teeth increases. 

So try not to avoid regular dental visits and early treatments when a situation arises .... 

Toronto Periodontist
5.0 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.