Can I take the vest off when I go for walks, and can I also get some sun?

I'm Three Weeks in to my recovery. I'm just was curious if i could take my vest off when i go for my walks. I'm telling ya i hate having to wash this vest very time i go for a walk which is every day! Also can i get some sun now i feel like im healing very well.

Ability to Take Walks After Surgery

I tell my patients that usually one week after surgery they can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous work-outs or aerobic exercise can begin around four weeks post-op. However you should  get approval from your doctor before you begin any work-out regimen. Best of luck to you!

Taking the Vest off During Walks

It is best to get advice from your surgeon on this. For my patients I do not want them removing their vest except to shower for the first 6 weeks. Perhaps you can get a second vest so you can have a fresh one after your walk. Sun is not good for the healing of your incisions. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon's office to obtain the best advice as without pictures or knowing what type of procedures you had performed it is difficult to offer definite advice. In general however for most gynecomastia patients three weeks is sufficient to treat the swelling from isolated liposuction while it is wise to avoid direct sun exposure to your incisions in order to avoid hyperpigmentation.  Hope this helps.