I had a non-surgical nose job done with Restylane about 4 months ago, can I get it dissolved and re-done same day?

After the swelling went down, my dorsal hump was very visible. I'd like to get this dissolved and re-done completely so I won't have to go back & get more filler in a couple months once the rest of the Restylane dissoves.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm

I suggest reversing the filler and waiting a few days before doing another treatment.    Best, Dr. Emer.

Removal of filler and reinjection process

Hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve certain fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero often in a few hours.  However, the full effect may take up to 1 day.   Any filler injected near the injection of hyaluronidase could be effected by this.  It is recommended to remove unwanted filler and to wait at least a few days for any swelling to subside so that optimal results can be obtained from the new filler.   

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Hylenex/ Hyaluronidase and hyaluronic acid filler be injected on the same day? No

If you have existing filler dissolved with Hylenex and place new filler in the same areas, that new filler will be dissolved immediately after injection. In your case, what would be most beneficial would be removal of the old filler followed by reinjection of new filler after 2-3 days. You could probably even have the filler placed the following day but I don't think it's worth the risk to rush the process. 

Re-injection of hyaluronic acid filler, Restylane, following hyaluronidase enzyme injection

Dear gelicaaa:I recommend against the use of hyaluronidase enzyme to dissolve any residual hyaluronic acid (HA) filler and refill with HA on the same day as residual enzyme my further dissolve any newly injected HA filler and leave you with a undesired appearance. Hyaluronidase is a naturally occurring enzyme of the skin which will breakdown the normal HA in the skin allowing any injectible to potentially diffuse along wider than the intended injection site. You may use a different filler such as Radiesse which does not contain HA for a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty following hyaluronidase but I recommend waiting a day or two as well to focus the results where you want them. I hope this is helpful. 

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Hyaluronic Acid Filler and Hyaluronidase on the Same Day

I would not dissolve an HA filler with hyaluronidase and then replace it on the same day.  This would lead to very unpredictable results and would be a waste of your money. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Retylane and hyaluronidase

You cannot have both procedures at the same time because the Restylane would be immediately dissolved. you must wait at least 10 days

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Restylane dissolved and re-done the same day

I do not recommend having Restylane dissolved and re-done the same day.  Each step in the process takes about two weeks to see the full results.  I would say if you want the product dissolved, do that first, wait two weeks, and then re-assess how much filler you need.

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Restylane be dissolved and re-done the same day?

You should not have Restylane dissolved and re-done the same day to the same area.  The agent that is used to dissolve the Restylane takes a few days to work so it would be difficult to assess the area for more filler before it is dissolved.  Also, if the dissolving agent is injected, it would also dissolve the new Restylane that was placed in addition to the Restylane that was already there.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon