What is the best treatment for bad crows feet-(wrinkles around the eyes), and enlarged pores mostly on the nose?

About how much should this cost? How does a chemical peel work as opposed to laser skin resurfacing and which would you recommend specifically for my issues? Most of my issues were probably caused by sun damage earlier in life I think. I was diagnosed with acne rosacea which seemed to make my face real sensitive to the sun because it would burn in about 10 minutes back then. It is OK now.

Laser vs peels and rosacea

Very hard question to answer with out a through examination and also a very detailed history. Especially if you suffer from rosacea. Peels and laser resurfacing can worsen your rosacea, so this has to be factored in. The video below explains fully ablative lasers and what can be achieved. TCA peel-Jessner's is another one of my favourite methods for skin rejuvenation. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. Laser Skin Resurfacing can remove deep lines around the mouth and eyes. A regional face skin resurfacing procedure can focus on the mouth and eyes alone, and will often require local anesthesia. Please you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Perhaps a blepharoplasty (or eyelid surgery) procedure will be helpful.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Wrinkles under the Eyes

There are a lot of different treatments to help the wrinkles around the eyes. Schedule a consultation and discuss how much downtime you have. Depending on your schedule, it will help narrow down the appropriate treatment for you.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Combo Botox and Laser Resurfacing are very rejuvenating!

Wrinkles can be from excessive movement over years which eventually become etched in.  Early #Botox can prevent this but if the wrinkles are present at rest then a combination treatment is called for.  The Botox quiets the overactive muscles and laser resurfacing helps to reduce etched in lines and reduce sun damage.  How much Botox depends on the individual but typical treatments are several hundred dollars.  Resurfacing can be "light" like #ClearandBrilliant , "medium" like #Fraxel or "deep" like #TotalFX.  The cost can be a few hundred to several thousand and must to be customized to your specific needs.  Nothing beats a consultation to determine what is right for you.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Crows feet & enlarged pores - Botox and Lasers/Peels

As always, an in-person consultation is key in assessing your skin as well as getting a better feel for your goals so that we can customize the right treatment plan for you. Generally speaking, crow's feet are best treated with a neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport. A skilled and experienced injector will customize this for you to ensure your crow's feet are treated to the degree you desire. Enlarged pores are a result of collagen loss and can be dramatically improved with the use of chemical peels and various laser treatments. Again, it really depends on the extent of the issue as well as your goals, however for enlarged pores I would generally suggest a collagen building laser such as Collagenesis or Sublime which combines laser light and radiofrequency to stimulate collagen production. I would also suggest monthly in-office peels and at home daily DG Skincare peels - peels also stimulate collagen by helping to turn the skin cells over at a faster rate. All of these things will help reduce the appearance of your pores, however it's just a matter of deciding what fits you best.

Dennis Gross, MD

Crows Feet - Lasers, Botox, Fillers, microneedling/PRP

A combination of botox, lasers, peels and microneedling can help your concerns.  Please see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.