Removal of saline over the muscle implants under local anesthesia?

I would like my saline over the muscle implants removed. I am a single mother on a very tight budget so to save money I would like it to be done under local anesthesia. Does anyone in Arizona do that and if so how much? Thank you.

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - of saline under local?

Contact the ASPS at surgery dot org or via their toll free number, available on the website.  Get a list of board-certified plastic surgeons near you and then start calling.  Call the offices of 2-3 surgeons (or however many you'd like) and ask what the approximate cost would be for doing what you want.  Ask also if there are consultation fees and, if so, if they can be applied to the surgery.  Then go visit a few of them and ask specific questions - not all implants can be removed under local with the same degree of ease.  Based on your visits you can make a decision as to what to do, and which surgeon to use.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Contact the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the American Society of Plastic Surgery for a listing of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Saline implant removal

I'm sure you can find a board-certified plastic surgeon in the area who will remove the implants with just local anesthetics. You just need to call around and also get prices from them. Good Luck!

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Removing saline implants

Hello and thanks for your question.

In most cases, it's quick and straightforward to remove saline implants, whether above or below muscle. In many cases, this can be done under local anesthesia without having to go to sleep, and this usually keeps the costs low.You can find an experienced surgeon through the ASPS or ASAPS websites. You'll need to have a consult to determine if there would be any other procedures necessary (such as removal of the capsule), or if you could simply remove the implants.

Best wishes-

That procedure can be quite easy and a good choice IF the implants are smooth and not textured and if the capsules are thin and soft. Otherwise the surgeon may get in there and find significantly more surgery is necessary and you won't want that done under local. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Yes, it is possible to have breast implants removed under local anesthesia  in some cases.  If so, the cost of the procedure can be kept relatively low. If,  on the other hand, a patient  requires additional work, local anesthesia may not be the best way to google.com.

I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals in detail.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Implant removal under local

Although I don't practice in Arizona, the answer to the question is yes as long as your implants are soft, i.e. no hard capsules , and the surgeon has a sterile operating enviroment to do this in, office operating room or ASC

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon