Few open wounds after Labiaplasty (5 days P/O). Will this heal and close without being re-stitched? (Photo)

I had the wedge performed and had a ton of bleeding day one and 2. I am still having to wear a pad most of the day and at night (I try and air dry it as much as possible but the bleeding is still there). It's now day 6 and I noticed 2 open slits. One on each side with blood clots. Will this heal and close without being re-stitched? How long before these close up and the bleeding stops? One of the stitches toward the top left lip is also sticking out far so I am sure the stitching is loose.

Labiaplasty healing

A bleed can put pressure on any incision  and  especially with a weaker incision like the wedge, this can happen. Keep the area clean and allow it to heal . Once healed in a few months, if there are asymmetries, a revision can be performed. You may be a candidate for sutureless labiaplasty revision in the future, depending on the final outcome after healing. 

Another wedge labiaplasty falls apart

Wedge labiaplasties have the weakest scars of all techniques because of their orientation in relation to the stresses of tissue tension and normal daily activity.  If you add the stress of hematoma (bleeding into the tissues beneath the skin) as in your case, a suture line failure (blowout separation) is almost inevitable. It appears that additional work was done along the sides of the clitoral hood, but unusually lateral and almost into the skin of the labia majora which has placed excess tension on the front causing it to gape. There is nothing to be done surgically at this point and you will need to heal for about 6 months before considering a revision.

Open of labiaplasty

Looking at your photos, it looks like you have dehisced (popped) some of your stitches, and have open areas. At this stage, these areas should allowed to heal and then an assessment made as to whether revision is needed.  Although these areas should heal, you may have some notching of the labial edge which may need correction. This should be able to be easily done under local anesthesia if needed.  Best to discuss with your surgeon and make a plan. Best of luck.

The information above should not be considered a substitute for consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to address individual medical needs. Your particular facts and circumstances will determine the plastic surgery treatment which is most appropriate for you.