Mommy makeover - is it possible to get this procedure for 13k? (Photo)

I have 13k is a mommy make-over possible with that amount of money or will I have to finance? I have 3 consultations coming up, but very anxious and nervous I won't have enough money.

Mommy makeover

The cost of the Mommy Makeover will vary.  You are seeing three different surgeons and are likely to get three different costs.  Factors that may vary are the surgeon's fees, the cost of the operating facility, the anesthesia charges, and the costs of the implants.  Deciding on a surgeon should be based on the rapport you have with the doctor and the confidence you have in the surgical plan.  

Mommy Makeover

Congrats on your journey. I want to offer some advice that I hope you will take with you to your consults. I know you have a budget of 13K. My recommendation to you is the following. Go to your consults and interview the doctors and the practice. Get the information you need to know exactly what your treatment plan is and what will allow you to arrive at the goals that you are looking to reach. Obtain a quote from the office. Once you find the surgeon and office you want to take care of you and perform your surgery you then save until you have the correct amount. I think it would be foolish of you to do this the other way and just find a surgeon who can do it for 13K. Simple fact, if you can't yet afford it keep saving. It is far better for you to spend more if needed to have the right surgeon do the right procedure. If you settle for just whoever can do it for 13K you may end up with a poor result and need revision surgery. The best way to tackle this is to first find the very best surgeon that you trust who gets you and has a good reputation for doing excellent work. This is your only body and you want to make sure you make the best choice. DON'T GO CHEAP WHEN IT COMES TO YOU!!!!! Pick the surgeon, pick the office then save more if needed until you can have the right person do the job. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Mommy make-over - can I afford it

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Here's the issue -
  • The mommy make-over is not a particular kind of operation.
  • It is the restoration of our bodies after babies.
  • You clearly need a tummy and probably a breast lift, breast augmentation or both.
  • So the cost will depend on what is needed.
  • You certainly have enough for the tummy tuck - so at your consultations, once you and your surgeon have decided on the best plan, wait to see their fees and if they are more than you can afford, tell them your budget and ask if there is any way to keep things in your budget!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Costs of Mommy Makeover

Thanks for the question. Pregnancy can take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover". A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy:  most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy).  Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.

***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   

You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Cost varies by Surgeons, Anesthesia, Location, Etc.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mommy makeover cost

Hello, the term mommy makeover refers to a variety of operations done usually to the breasts and abdomen.  Depending on your exact goals you might find that the procedures can be done for $13K, although the cost can be substantially higher if extensive surgery is required to meet your goals.

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo.

Price vary depending on where you have your procedure done and with who. I suggest you to visit the doctor you consulted and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover

You are doing the right thing in having a number of consults. Make sure that whoever you decide to go with is a decision solely based on cost. Make sure your PS can show you examples of his/her work and be able to discuss the pros and cons. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

The Costs of a Mommy Makeover

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org. Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.