How should I go about getting lip injections? (photos)

I absolutely hate my lips. I want them to be a tad fuller on the top and the bottom. For some reason my top lip goes up more on the right side and my mouth won't close all the way. How should I go about getting lip injections? I do currently have braces. Should I wait until they are off? I thought having braces was the reason for my lip not closing all the way but looking at old pictures it has always been like this. I guess it just bothers me the older I get.

Lip Augmentation

The best way to augment the lips is through fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm.  Since you are having a lot of work in the mouth area with the braces you might want to wait until the braces are off.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip injections

Hello Apple112,

Thank you for posting your question. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to see what your best options are. Hyaluronic acid based fillers are an excellent way to add volume to the lips safely. Hope this helps!

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are a good option for lip fullness and shape. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS