What can I do or use over the counter or get from a doctor to help reduce scarring from burns? (photo)

These are photos of the scar which is located next to my mouth. The scar i believe is atrophic type of scar that is 10 years old. This was actually from burning myself; I currently mix baking soda and lemon juice and put it on the scar for 15 minutes to try and help reduce the scar by flattening it and lightening it. Is their any scar removal cream over the counter I could buy or any type of treatment to reduce the scar? What more can i do to reduce the scar?

Doctor Answers 1

Safe Scar Treatment with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend seeing an expert in facial scarring for best outcomes and hope to dissuade you from trying to remove it yourself. You don't want to make it worse. Facial scars can be improved with a combination treatment of lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.