325, 350 or 375 high profile mentors?

I am scheduled to have a breast augmentation in two weeks and I am debating between a 350 and 375 HP mentor silicone unders. I am 5'3 and 117 pounds with a bwd of 11.7. During my consultation my PS recommended that I get either 325 or 350 due to a more natural look but I am afraid they might be too small. What are your thoughts? I initially wanted to be a full c but no I am looking at a mid D..I have my pre op appt next week.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. best of luck! Dr Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Implant size

The difference between these implants isn't much, a 325 to a 350 will not look any different when put in. If you are worried about being too small then go the bigger size.

Selecting the "right" size for you!

This is certainly one of the most common agonizing deliberations made by women wanting breast augmentation! Everyone would love to "get it right" the first time, and feel that the size breast implant they've selected is absolutely the right one for them. But, the process of selecting is often complicated by well-intended friends who interject their opinions, or the opinions of someone who has had the procedure, or a boyfriend or husband, or just about anyone but you! The more information you get, the more confusing it becomes. It's generally a good idea to stick to your own intuition. If you feel you should go bigger, inevitably you will kick yourself if you go too small. Don't be afraid to go back to your surgeon for re-sizing. If they use sizers, be critical in looking for what you feel looks the best. Changing from wanting to be a full C cup to now wanting to be a D will require a larger implant. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

350cc vs 375cc

Thank you for your question.  The reality is the difference in these two implants is so small you won't be able to tell if you use one or the other. The number one complaint of this operation is "I should have gone bigger", so without examining you my suggestion would be to use the larger of the two. When you go to your pre op, take some pictures of the breast size and shape you like to review them with your doctor.  Best of luck to you.

325, 350 or 375 high profile mentors?

Thank you for the question. It is not possible for online consultants to give you accurate advice.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “too small” or "mid D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

Selecting the Right Size Implants for Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  There are many various shapes (profiles) and sizes for breast implants to fit your need.  As a general rule, the implant size should be dictated by your anatomy.  If you have a small chest wall, placing a very large implant may have long term consequences, such as malposition, asymmetry, and symmastia.  During your pre-operative appointment, various measurements are taken, the most important is the base width.   Based on this measurements, an assortment of implants can be selected to fit your needs. In example, if your base width is 11 cm, you would not be a candidate for a 600cc implant because your base width is insufficient to tolerate such an implant.  I recommend you see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss your options and the most ideal implant based on your needs.

Good Day,

Nicholas Jones, MD

Nicholas Jones, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon