Can you experience a reaction to restalyne cheek filler 4 months later? Woke up with puffy eyes and warm cheeks?

Not eaten anything out the ordinary and I don't suffer from hay fever . Can you experience a reaction to restalyne cheek filler 4 months later? Woke up with puffy eyes and warm cheeks? My practitioner said it's unlikely as its so long after and to take antihistamines. How do I find out if it's a surgical reaction or not?

Reaction to Restylane after 4 months

It is very unlikely that this type of medical problem is related to your injection. you could have become allergic to something you ate or it could be make-up or something else you put on your face/ antihistamines should help

Nashville Dermatologist

It’s highly unlikely that you’re experiencing a reaction to Restylane four months after injection.

It’s highly unlikely that you’re experiencing a reaction to Restylane four months after injection. I would recommend visiting the doctor who performed the injection to see what’s going on.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Late reaction to HA filler?

Delayed reaction to HA fillers is a well recognized phenomenon. This needs to be evaluated and treated by someone with a great deal of experience and knowledge of these products. It is not clear from your description whether your symptoms are related to your filler but this should be carefully evaluated. I would recommend being seen by an expert as soon as possible

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can you react to Restylane 4 months after its injection?

Thank you for sharing your problem. It is unlikely that you are having a reaction to Restylane. Please see your doctor in person for comprehensive evaluation. Try antihistamines and cold compresses in the meantime. Feel better..

Restylane and Reaction

It would be extremely unlikely that you had a reaction four months after the injections.  It is possible that you are having some other sort of reaction and I would consult your dermatologist in person for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green