What are my options bedside a full Tummy tuck? Is lipo and a mini tummy tuck possible? (photos)

What are my options to repair the saggy skin from naval piercing above my belly button and the excess skin in my lower abdominal? I don't care if I still have the stretch marks. I've been to 3 surgeons, 2 surgeons said a full tummy tuck was my only option. The 3rd said mini tummy tuck with a umbilicoplasty is a possibility.

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck is the only thing that can address the skin laxity you have around the belly button. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question and the photo. You are for sure a better candidate for a full tummy tuck with lipo additional in areas needed. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Full Tummy Tuck vs. Mini Tummy Tuck plus an Umbilicoplasty

Because you have sagging skin of your upper abdomen, especially above your belly button, in addition to sagging of your lower abdomen, you would achieve a better result from a full tummy tuck with repair of your rectus muscles.  A mini tummy tuck will only take care of the muscles below your belly button.   With a mini tummy tuck, the lower abdominal skin is pulled down, causing your belly button to become oddly shaped. 

Do this:  pull down your lower abdominal skin and see what your belly button looks like.   Also, do that and bend over, looking at yourself from the front and from the side.  Evaluate how your upper abdomen looks.  It probably will still have a bulge, which a mini tummy tuck won't fix.   An umbilicoplasty will require cutting out your belly button ring hole in addition to all of the loose skin that surrounds your belly button.   This could end up with you having a very noticeable and large scar around your belly button.

Best Wishes!

Consider mini tummy tuck with umbilical float

Because the position of your belly button is high, you may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck with umbilical float. This repositions the belly button a little bit lower and it can be reshaped. It will not improve the loose skin above the belly button very much though.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi Savitafranco,

Thank You for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck/liposuction

You would benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your sides for great results, consult with a board certified PS, good luck!