4-week post op, mini-TT, open incision wound not healing - is wet to dry wound packing advised? (photo)

PS debrided, packed, & put me on antibiotics. Gave me instructions to change wet to dry packing/dressing TID & come back for suturing in 5 days. I've been reading medical journals & other articles that wet to dry dressing is now considered sub-par to other open wound care methods. Should I stick with PS plan? See a wound specialist? Find a new PS? I'm worried!

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - is wet to dry wound packing advised?

That will work, and will take a couple of months.  Once the wound is clean enough, though, you can have a Wound-VAC system applied, which will speed the process.  You may be able to get through a VNS program or wound care program near you; ask your PS for a referral. Fortunately, it should heal well on its own, even if tha takes longer.  I hope that this helps and good luck. Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

4-week post op, mini-TT, open incision wound not healing - is wet to dry wound packing advised?

The minor wound dehiscence with fat necrosis event will hal over time no matter what is done. I suspect the W to D dressings will allow full closure within 2 months. To speed up the healing in my practice I offer infusion therapy with PRP and laser red light. Each session fee $500.