Will Juvederm help my lips after Botox was injected in nasal folds, which affected my smile?

Botox and Jevederm

Great question. Juvederm will not interfere with the Botox you had. Please voice these concerns with your injector. And he/she will be able to go through all of your questions and concerns. 

Botox and Jevederm

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Will Juvederm help my lips after Botox was injected in nasal folds, which affected my smile

Thank you for your question.  Juvederm will not reverse the paralysis of Botox.  The effects of Botox will last for three months.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes

Botox in NLF

Botox works be relaxing muscles where is Juvederm restores volume.  If you are unhappy with the results of botox I doubt juvederm will be your answer.  It's best to let the botox wear off.  

Botox in NLF

Juvederm in lips after Botox in nasal folds

Botox and Juvederm are two different types of non-surgical injection working in two different ways. Botox is injected to weaken muscles and produce fewer wrinkles. Juvederm is a filler that changes the contour of your face.Juvederm can enhance the lip borders and volume, but it wont' change the effect of Botox on your smile. I would stay on the conservative side as you can always add more. Safety comes first.  

Juvederm to fix dropped lips from botox

If botox was injected near your nose to reduce a gummy smile, you may have noticed that the top lip has lost volume.  This effect will reduce over time, however, in the meantime, filler can be used to provide some volume back.  In the future, possibly use less botox for the gummy smile.   Make sure you always seek out an expert physician when considering facial injectables.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to fix dropped lips from botox

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm injection to lips

I believe the only time Botox would be injected into the nasolabial folds is if the injector was trying to treat a gummy smile in which case Botox would be injected near the nasal ala. If this was the case and you are unhappy with the results, I would recommend you wait for the Botox to wear off before getting filler injection into the lips. Once the Botox wears, if you would like more definition or volume in the lips, then it would be a good idea to get a filler injected such as Belotero, Juvederm, Restylane or Restylane Silk.

Juvederm injection to lips

Juvederm and Botox

Thank you for your question. Botox is not typically injected into the nasolabial folds. There can be a small amount injected in the upper fold next to the nose to help with a gummy smile. Other than that Botox should not be used in the nasolabial folds. Botox is a neurotoxin which works by relaxing the muscle, where as Juvederm is a Hyaluronic acid filler used to add fullness to the areas of volume loss in the face.  Without a picture to see what is going on, it is hard to determine what you would need. It sounds like it would be best for you to wait until the Botox wears off and then get fillers such a Juvederm injected at that time if neccessary.  

Juvederm and Botox

Juvederm for Lips

Juvederm will improve your lips but will not help the areas where Botox was injected already. Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm for Lips

Abnormal smile after Botox

The only time Botox should be injected in this area is to treat gummy smile and it's an extremely small dose and is injected near the nose. I would not treat with filler just to help with the smile. It won't help that much. If you want fuller lips or other concerns regarding the lips, then go ahead with the filler. It is just going to take about 3-4 months for your smile to improve.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Abnormal smile after Botox

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and Juvederm, Apples and Oranges

I'm sorry to hear that you had Botox injected in your nasolabial folds.  This is not an area which is typically treated with Botox as it will relax the muscles we use to smile.  There is nothing you can do right now regarding the Botox, except to let it wear off.  The Botox works by relaxing muscles, and Juvederm is used to add volume to the face. The Juvederm will not be able to improve the issues caused by the Botox.  Best Wishes, MKB

Michael Bowman, MD
Roanoke Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Juvederm, Apples and Oranges

Michael Bowman, MD
Roanoke Facial Plastic Surgeon