Is this gap too big for cosmetic bonding? I really don't want to wear braces! (Photo)

Bonding To Close Space

I think bonding these will cause both teeth to look too wide and potentially leave a food trap.  If you don't want braces consider Invisalign.  This could close the space with having to wear brackets.  Best of luck.  

This is quite a large space to completely close with bonding.  Might be best to close somewhat with composite to make the space a little less noticeable if you dont want to wear braces.

Joel Klasfeld, DDS
New York Dentist

Invisalign, bonding, veneers

Dear Kitty: You have beautiful teeth that could definitely benefit from some orthodontic treatment. Invisalign was designed exactly for cases like yours.  Many  dentists and orthodontists will be more than happy to treat you with Invisalign. It is the only way to go in your case.  Veneers  or bonding are a very short-sighted fix.   You will commit yourself to a very expensive treatment plan, very expensive upkeep, and you will have to redo the work every several years down the line. The only thing you will achieve is to slowly ruin your wonderful, beautiful teeth. Please go and consult with an orthodontist about proper orthodontic treatment, Invisalign, and do not compromise your teeth.Best wishes,

Bonding to close spaces

Dr. Greenhaigh provided a good answer and a way to preview the results before any treatment.  If you really like the results, porcelain veneers may provide a better long term solution as they are stronger and less prone to staining as well.  If you would like whiter teeth, consider bleaching before treatment.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Dentist

Is gap too large for bonding?

I think you could get a result that you would be very happy with using bonding.  In order to keep the teeth from appearing too large, bonding should be done on both teeth.  In order for you to determine if you would like the result, in our office we do a Smile Preview by placing and shaping material on your teeth in a couple of minutes.  If you like what you see, then they are easily removed and you can proceed with the permanent bonding.  If you do not like the result that you see with the Smile Preview, then they are removed and you are free to evaluate other options or do nothing.