Cheek augmentation - what is the best treatment for my cheeks? (Photo)

I'm 32 years old and my face looks like I'm in my mid 40s, like you see in the picture. I want know what is the best treatment for my cheeks. Thank you

Cheek help

There are several different options available for rejuvenation of the cheeks that range from temporary procedures like fillers to permanent options like cheek implants. An in person consultation would allow you to better determine your options. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation - what is the best treatment for my cheeks?

Juvederm Voluma® is the current gold standard for shaping/filling and enhancing the cheek contours, thereby contouring the whole face. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

The Best Treatment = A Combination for Facial Rejuvenation: fillers, lasers, kybella, ultherapy

A combination approach would be best for facial rejuvenation. Facial fillers can be used to create more volume to the face. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help the skin rejuvenation and prevent aging. Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening. I recommend seeing an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Cheek Augmentation

While injectable fillers and fat injections are options, most men prefer an assured onetime treatment using cheek implants. What size and style of cheek implant remains to be determined based on what type of midface look is of interest.

What is the Best Technique to Augment My Cheeks

There is no one best treatment to augment a patient's cheeks. Fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft can be used and are easier for the patient but are temporary. Silicone implants require invasive surgery but the results are permanent. I agree that augmentation will be beneficial for you, improve cheek contour, and rejuvenate your appearance.

Cheek implants for midface volume augmentation

Fillers offered temporary augmentation to the midface and cheeks, which is performed in the office setting.  When patient's desire a permanent augmentation, consider cheek  implant placement.  Cheek implants are composed of Silastic, placed through an intraoral approach under a brief general anesthesia as an outpatient surgery.  For more information,  diagrams of the implants and many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Cheek augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for malar enhancement.  This can be done in one of two ways.  Voluma is an injectable filler which can be injected into the malar region as a temporary filler.  Malar implants can be placed as a permanent way to gain volume in the cheek.  I always use medpor implants with screw fixation.  Silicone malar implants tend to have a high rate of malrotation over time.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

32 years old and my face looks like I'm in my mid 40s, like you see in the picture. I want know what is the best treatment for m

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat below the cheeks, nasolabial folds and jowls with weak mandibular angles and chin.  This combines to create an elongated rectangularly, shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.